[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Drag & Drop ?

Steven D. Majewski Steven D. Majewski" <sdm7g@virginia.edu
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 11:58:08 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 29 Oct 1996, jeffrey P. Shell wrote:

> > Anyone tried to write a Drag and Drop applet in Mac Python ?
>
> In 1.4b3, all elements Dropped into an applet were treated as
> sys.argv[1:], just like you had passed them on a command line.
>
> The build i have (jack's) of 1.4 is acting too goofy to try this out..

I'm not (yet) seeing any of the problems you described.
Although I'm in the midst of rebuilding Mac Python from sources,
I'm using Jack's PPC binaries. ( Are you sure you replaced the
Python Core alias in the extensions folder, and ran the mkplugin
aliases applet? )

Anyway -- thanks for the tip -- its very simple and it *ALMOST* works! ;-)
It seems to only work for TEXT files - but what I was working on was
a binary data to text converter applet, so no luck.

If you drop a non text file onto the applet, it doesn't hilight or
respond. If you select a bunch of files, it seems to only catch the
text files, and ignore the others.

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
         By doing just a little every day, you can gradually
                let the task completely overwhelm you.