[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Compile under CW8?

Mark Guzdial guzdial@cc.gatech.edu
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 14:28:47 -0500 (EST)

>Hmm. I could do this, but is there a point? The full source
>distribution contains everything you need. There were some minor
>problems with the "current" distribution (i.e. the 1.3 distribution as
>it sits on the servers right now), and there was no mac-specific
>readme file, but apart from that the unix distribution should work fine....

I guess it's just a user-interface/audience-type thing.  I'm not a UNIX
user, generally speaking, nor am I skilled at CodeWarrior.  So, when I
tried to grab the 1.3 distribution, I found that I couldn't de-tar it on my
Mac because the filenames were too long.  So, I grabbed the file again on
my UNIX account and de-tarred it there.  Now, I had to figure out which
pieces to grab.  The readme talked about grabbing these directories, but
not these others.  Faced with moving things back to my Mac and unsure which
pieces were which, I surrendered.

I'd be very interested in exploring the source code to Python on my Mac,
and since people obviously must have gone through these various
manipulations in order to get it in CodeWarrior format, I'm simply asking
if someone could upload that.  If it's too much bother, no problems --
thanks!
  Mark

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial@cc.gatech.edu