[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Removing modules from python

Michael Diehr mike@xochi.com
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 09:20:09 -0700

>I'm looking at making the next Python distribution smaller by removing
>things that I feel aren't very useful (and probably not used at all).
>If I were to remove the following modules from the next MacPython
>release, would anyone be bothered by this? Or should I make Mac
>distributions with as many modules as possible?
>
>- mactcp/macdnr (socket provides the same functionality)
>- macspeech (incomplete, and should be bgen-generated)
>- ctb (idem)
>
>Note that even if I remove them they'll still be available in the
>source distribution, so people who really want them could still use
>them...
>--
>Jack Jansen             | ++++ stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++
>Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
>http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm

I was wondering if it was possible to fold the python interpreter into some
of my code for use as a scripting language?  I'd want the smallest subset
possible (probably just the basic language plus string commands).  Has
anyone experimented with this?  I'm looking for a target size of under 64K
for the interpreter.

Thanks

--
Michael Diehr                   E-mail    : mike@xochi.com