[PYTHONMAC-SIG] What are people doing with MacPython

Michael Powers powers@petroglyph.com
Mon, 29 Jan 1996 23:56:12 -0700

Evaluating it :)

More to the point, evaluating whether to move ahead with extending the Mac
version or the Windows version for use in CD-ROM products. About a year and
a half ago I extended Python on an SGI with objects for full screen video
playback, sega game controller events, and multiple bitmap animation
layers. We then used it for a Pilot of an animated Interactive TV channel
for kids. Some of this work can be seen on my web site (at least the
visuals) under the tag of the company, daVinci Time and Space
[http://www.petroglyph.com]. Earlier I worked on the ill-fated but forward
thinking ScriptX from Kaleida Labs. In fact, I just received version 1.5
which they nudged out the door before being sucked back into Apple. Someone
at Kaleida should have made an early decision to use Python instead.

Now I am moving into the development of PC pased entertainment products.
This means extending the language to include the game sdks on Mac or
Windows 95. Does anyone have experience on both systems with Python??

Jack, your multimedia work sounds interesting? Can you say more?

Michael

Petroglyph
940 Scott St
Palo Alto, CA 94301
www.petroglyph.com

"Incarnation: bodying forth. Is this not our whole concern? The bodying
forth of our sense of life? Is this not a sense fully as actual as our
sense of touch...That is what form is: the bodying forth. The bodying forth
of the living vessel in the shapes of clay." M.C. Richards