[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Mac Python with Tk -- early beta

Mark Guzdial guzdial@cc.gatech.edu
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 15:28:49 -0500 (EST)

HOORAY!!!  After I fixed my line endings and got Tkconstants.py from Guido,
it all worked!  It's pretty amazingly fast (being used to HyperCard and
SuperCard).  Quitting is a little weird, in that you quit from Tk and then
again from Python.  (And if you just keep importing demos, everything gets
added into the one window, which is also strange.)  But it works and I'm
really excited about using this!!

A couple of odd things:
- Not all the tkinter demos work.  For example, the scrolling canvas gives
me some error about "xscroll."  But most of those I've tried work just
fine, which is pretty amazing compatibility.
- Try pong and set the speed to really low.  The ball actually "cleans" the
screen -- it's trail is a different gray shade from the background.

(404) 894-5618 : Fax (404) 894-0673 : guzdial@cc.gatech.edu