No subject

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 07 Aug 1996 12:20:09 +0200

> From: Bill Bedford <billpy@mail.demon.net>
> Subject: Applets
>
> Is it possible to make applets act on files dropped on them?

Yes. If the applet is droppable (set the "apple-event aware" bit in the finder
flags, I think this is on by default but I'm not 100% sure) and you add the
types for the files which you want to drop to the bundle resource. The file
names show up in sys.argv.

EditPythonPrefs is an example of this (since 1.3.3): you drop applets (or
python interpreters) on it to set applet-specific preferences.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm