[PYTHONMAC-SIG] socket errors

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Fri, 02 Aug 1996 10:43:29 +0200

> Trying to run server.py (on my own web site!) on my PowerMac, I get:
>
> Traceback (innermost last):
>   File "Megadisk:Data:Internet
> Mirrors:sdcc3/public_html:python:server.py", line 10, in ?
>     from socket import *        # get sockets, for well, sockets
>   File "Speedy:Apps:from the Net:Python 1.3:Lib:mac:socket.py", line 20, in ?
>     error = (mactcp.error, macdnr.error, _myerror)
> AttributeError: error
>
> ...any idea what this might mean?  The file works fine under Unix...

You are somehow using socket.py in stead of the builtin socket module. If you
are using Python 1.3.2 or later you should be getting the builtin module when
you import socket...

If you are using an older python: at some point there was a name conflict
between the mactcp and MACTCP modules, this could be what is bothering you. I
don't remember the exact fix anymore, though, so I'd suggest you just
upgrade...
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm