[PYTHONMAC-SIG] Wanted: beta-testers for a MacPython source distribution

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Mon, 22 Apr 1996 17:10:00 +0200

I have created a MacPython source distribution, and it would be nice
if some people could have a look at it. I've named this distribution
1.3.3- (the joys of version-numbering:-), because I expect to release
a real 1.3.3 shortly, as soon as I've got Tcl and Tk tamed again.

The distribution should have all the relevant Python sources and
projects, plus pointers to the various other packages (gusi, tcl/tk,
etc) needed. Documentation on how to build python is also available
(as is quite a bit of other new documentation and example code).

I am only advertising this distribution here for the moment. It can be
found at <ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/jack/python/mac/xyzzy.hqx>.

Note that building Python from source is quite a bit of work. Still,
if at least one or two people could try it and tell me what I missed
that would be very helpful.
Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl      | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm