[Pythonedu-wg] Simplified GUI library for kids

Laura Sach lawsie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 05:47:08 EST 2016

Thanks Alex, I hadn't seen that (probably because I don't know Ruby) but it
looks like a good idea. Guizero is even more cut down in its functionality,
there are literally no bells and whistles.

I should probably add - the package is not finished! Some functionality is
missing (checkboxes! radio buttons!), there are no docs, and there is no
nice installation process. I think all of these things are absolutely
crucial to people actually being able to use this with kids, so perhaps
best not to inflict this on real children in the wild just yet.

On that note, I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some
tips on how to (eventually) package this up so it can be installed from
PyPI, because I have no idea how to do that. :) At the moment I'm testing
it as a package by using a nasty hack to put the folder in my Python Path
which is no doubt highly illegal and should get me escorted from the
mailing list. ;)

Laura