[Python.NET] Pithon.net or iron python??

Feihong Hsu hsu.feihong at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 23 15:07:38 CET 2007

Yes, it is possible to "mix" C# and Python. You can have Python use classes and methods defined in a .NET assembly (DLL file), or you can create the PythonEngine object in your C# code and run Python scripts using that.

There's no way to answer the second question without knowing more details. The most important question is what kind of Python scripts are being called. IronPython is currently unable to deal with certain Python libraries. You might find that some of the your Python scripts won't run in IronPython.

- Feihong

Jose Ignacio Gisbert <jigisbert.etra-id at grupoetra.com> wrote:                 Hi all,

  I am developing an application which Graphic interface is in C#, but I want to call methods in some situations (when press certain button
) that are coded in Python. First, it can be possible to mix both languages?, and second, What should I do, use Iron Python or Pithon.net?. Sorry for my ignorance.

    Thanks in advance

 José Ignacio Gisbert Sanus