[PythonCE] python port for embedded linux

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Sun Apr 27 15:42:44 CEST 2008

Four or more years ago I cross compiled Python for an older ARM
processor (no mmap support), I statically linked with uclibc and
libxslt/libxml2.

It worked and performed reasonably. I just used the base Python source.

The only problem I had was the Python's makefile tries to compile itself
twice, clearly that didn't work in a cross-compile situation but I
worked around it by changing the makefile.

I think I had posted some suggestions to python-dev list about how to
better support cross-compile development. I don't remember and I don't
know if they accepted my suggestions.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com