[PythonCE] Spam on the wiki, it happened again :(

alexandre.delattre at enst-bretagne.fr alexandre.delattre at enst-bretagne.fr
Sat Aug 18 17:11:51 CEST 2007

Hi,

Once again the wiki was spammed and it's the 3rd time in less than a week :(
I'll clean the mess for now, but I'm beginning to feel it's useless
until there is a stronger anti-spam system somehow.

Luke, what is your opinion ?

I'd like to help but my knowledge of php is really basic and you must
first authorize me to do server side modifications.
Another possibility would be to move the wiki to the MoinMoin engine,
I've read there's an anti-spam plug-in called HoneyPot that don't use
captchas (useful for blind people). Don't know if it's efficient, but
I've already played with MoinMoin and found it really great.

Please, I'd like to hear what you think the best to do.

With regards,
Alexandre.

PS

I've came with an (unrelated) idea that would benefit the PythonCE
community: it is to have a common repository for PythonCE related
stuff (scripts, tools, ports, extension binaries, ...), it could be a
simple ftp at first or a website like the official Python CheeseShop.
If someone has a bit of bandwidth to share or suggestions, they are
all welcome ;)