[PythonCE] wxPython for PythonCE announcement

Jeffrey Barish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 27 16:22:37 CEST 2006

Bandung wrote:

> My guess is that those of us who do not have a "CF Card" storage
> designation on our pda's are "sol" on this release.

I now have wxPythonCE running on both Dell Axim X51v PDAs.  Neither has CF
storage.  In my efforts to get the package to run on the second PDA, I
actually tried moving wx onto a CF card.  I still got the same message
about insufficient storage.  I aggressively deleted programs to free memory
until I had significantly more free memory than I had on the first PDA but
I still got the message.  Eventually after much experimentation the package
mysteriously started to work running in main memory.  I don't know what I
did to make it work, but I suspect that the problem actually has something
to do with ActiveSync.  I seem to have better luck getting software to run
when I manipulate it using Pocket Controller connected by Wifi rather than
ActiveSync connected by USB.
--
Jeffrey Barish