[PythonCE] Reverting to PythonCE 2.3

jeffbarish jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Thu May 11 04:53:05 CEST 2006

I wanted to try the new PythonCE 2.4 that Luke published.  It loaded easily
and worked great -- except that wxPython will not work with it.
Accordingly, I need to go back to 2.3.  I kept backups of everything, so I
thought that I was safe, but of course this is Windows so nothing is easy.
PythonCE 2.3 runs when I navigate to it using File Explorer, but the Python
entry that I see under the start menu does not work (nothing happens) and it
does not work to tap on a Python program (The file 'X' cannot be opened...).
I guess that the Registry needs to be updated.  Does anyone agree with that
guess?  What tools are available for editing the registry (I am using
Windows Mobile 5)?  Any idea what changes need to be made to the registry?