[PythonCE] PythonCE on the ARM emulator

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Thu Dec 15 19:10:18 CET 2005

Since Luke Dunstan has ported ctypes to windows CE, so I got interested
in this platform.  I don't have a Windows CE device, but I found the MS
Device Emulator (1.0, Community Preview):

http://msdn.microsoft.com/mobility/windowsmobile/downloads/emulatorpreview/default.aspx

To get started, I installed the emulator and tried to install the
current CE binaries on it.  The interactive interpreter works as far as
I can tell, except that I cannot import any extension modules in it.
When I try this, 'import _winreg' or 'import socket', Python is
terminated without any indication what was wrong.

Has anyone with more experience tried to run Python on this 'platform'?

Thanks,

Thomas