[PythonCE] Re: Python on Axim v50 / XScale

Voidspace mike at pcblokes.com
Mon Dec 13 17:41:32 CET 2004

Voidspace wrote:

> There is a pythonCE version of apache which will run as localhost.
> Normally winCE has no concept of localhost - so this is your best bet.
> I don't have the URL, but google should find it.
>
> For testing on the desktop Xitami is a great server to use as
> localhost. You'll then be programming CGIs to go with it.

Xitami is a bit heavy weight to distribute along with your app - but
great as a server (lighterweight than apache). There are example little
servers that come with the python distribution. (By the way !). You
can't use these with winCE because it doesn't have the normal loopback
address - this means you *probably* have to use apache, which makes it a
bit of a heavier distribution.

All IMHO....

Regards,

Fuzzy

> Regards,
>
> Fuzzy
>
> Ron Phillips wrote:
>
>> I've been writing a form-filling app in Tkinter. I don't like it
>> much, honestly -- I am much more comfortable in html. Can you provide
>> any links to examples/tuts of the tiny http server / browser idea?
>> Desktop is fine, I can adapt, I think.
>>
>> I just haven't seen it done on the desktop, but I really like the idea.
>>
>> Ron

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology, computing, cyberpunk, psychology, spirituality, fiction and more.

---
http://www.Voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/pythonutils.html
Python utilities, modules and apps.
Including Nanagram, Dirwatcher and more.
---
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk