[PythonCE] How to compiling additional modules?

Voidspace mike at pcblokes.com
Mon Aug 16 08:46:35 CEST 2004

Unfortunately I suspect compiling module for pocketPC is non-trivial,
unless you have prior experience. (Which I don't).

I believe the SDK is available free from microsoft - and *probably* a
compiler as well - but you'd almost certainly need to build the makefile
etc yourself.

Regards,

Fuzzy

Ischebeck, Jan wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I need the egenix mxDatetime module [1] on my iPAQ (SQLite would be great too) for porting an OpenSource ERP Package.
>
>But I don't know how to compile mxDatetime for ARM. Is there a way to include external modules in the PythonCE build progress?
>
>Egenix is using distutils to build on Win32/linux. Has anyone tried to tweak the distutils setup.py settings or do I need to write a full makefile myself?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jan
>
>[1] http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.0.5.zip

http://www.Voidspace.org.uk
The Place where headspace meets cyberspace. Online resource site - covering science, technology, computing, cyberpunk, psychology, spirituality, fiction and more.

---
http://www.Voidspace.org.uk/atlantibots/pythonutils.html
Python utilities, modules and apps.
Including Nanagram, Dirwatcher and more.
---
http://www.fuchsiashockz.co.uk