[PythonCE] (no subject)

Guido Wesdorp mailings at johnnydebris.net
Wed Nov 12 04:06:35 EST 2003

goodey27 at juno.com wrote:

>Hi!
>When I ask for help on os.path I get a very short help without any
>information about the functions.  When I run it on the desktop I get full
>information.  I would like to be able to have the info on the device.
>
>Isr Gish

This is probably because the os module in the CE dist is created
especially for CE and those docstrings are just not added. I think there
are more improvements that can be made there (it would for instance be
nice to have at least something for os.getcwd and os.chdir), I'll take a
look as soon as I got some time. I'm not sure whether there's much I can
do because I don't know how much can be fixed from Python (os is a C
module and I don't write C, nor do I have the ability to compile,
perhaps I should install NT at home somewhere), but I'll give it a go.

Cheers,

Guido