[PythonCE] Installing Python 2.2R2 on IPAQ 3950/Pocket PC 2002

Telion telionce@yahoo.com
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:07:23 -0700 (PDT)

--- degs <degs@giantblob.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Python (PPCPythonR2.zip) running on an IPAQ 3950.
This

http://www.murkworks.com/Research/Python/PocketPCPython/PPCPythonR2Notes
> but I get an error trying to start Python.
>
> Although my hardware is different, the error itself looks identical
to a
> problem mentioned previously on this list:
> http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonce/2002-February/000006.html
>
> I've looked through the list archive it doesn't look like this
problem
> was resolved at the time.
>
> I would appriciate any suggestions as to how to get Python running on
> this machine under. In particular:
> 	- Should I expect this configuration to work
> 	- Is there a more recent version of Python for Windows CE that I
> should be using? (I have MS eMbedded Visual C so I guess I could
build
> from source if I needed to)
>
> Thanks,
> -- degs

Hi degs,

I can't say for sure (since I don't have PPC), but PPC2002 may require
a little bit of modification on source file.

(Does anyone knows about the differnce between PPC and PPC2002,
as well as new CPU?)

If you can setup eVC for building Python, and make it work for PPC2002,
that would help lots of people.

Please take a look at troubleshooting section of PythonCE wiki, too.
I added a few lines on Startup problems.

http://www.murkworks.com/Research/Python/PythonCE/PythonCEWiki/StartingPython

If you find the cause of problem, please tell us.

=====
Telion
- telionce@yahoo.com -
http://pages.ccapcable.com/lac/PythonCE.html