[PythonCAD] R: slicing up a 2D dxf

Aaron Hoover ahoover at EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jul 25 00:02:53 CEST 2009

I also wouldn't mind using other open tools if I can get away with
scripting everything in Python. For example, I've investigated
cropping vector images in Inkscape and then exporting back to dxf.
However, it seems that importing a DXF into Inkscape doesn't work too
well. I've also tried using OpenOffice Draw to convert a DXF to SVG -
it worked, but I didn't have much success using the resulting SVG in
Inkscape.

So many ways to skin a cat, and yet none of them has really gotten me
the whole distance yet.

Aaron