[PythonCAD] Collada format (xml based 3D data transfer)

gertwin.groen at gmail.com gertwin.groen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 22:44:22 CET 2009

Hi Yangnesh,

Did you look at the schema?
The collada schema only supports a subset of the geometric entities
PythonCAD support.
I PythonCAD was a full 3D CAD program you had a point but I don't see the
use for a 2D CAD program.
You can never make PythonCAD read or write a collada file without
significant loss of data.

I think this is not in line with the original principles of PythonCAD:
* a 2D CAD program
* fully programmed in python.

Are there any common file formats for 2D CAD files besides dxf?

Regards,
Gertwin