[PythonCAD] implementing a standalone dxf<->pythoncad conversion

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 03:00:15 CEST 2006

# from Marco Alicera
# on Tuesday 10 October 2006 02:09 pm:

>Eric Wilhelm or anyone else help me in getting started with this
>particular subject?

Hi Marco,

Have you looked at the info and repository at vectorsection.org?
Unfortunately I've been rather swamped with another project lately, but
there is already a start on some pythoncad conversion (both to and from
the rzp hub) code.  If you have questions, please ping me (and don't
get discouraged if I forget to answer, just nag me :-)

The dxf code is just dxf2rzp and is in Perl for now.  I would entertain
doing it in Python if you could implement a full conversion but
ultimately I want at least parts of it in C for speed.  I had also done
some work with Inline::Python and Art's library, so I could entertain
the idea of furthering that pursuit as well.  The way I see it, there's
a lot of thankless work to be done and I'll take any help I can get :-D

The perl installer is fairly decent when I left off.  The python
installer could use some work.  (Preferably, somehow integrating into
the perl Build system.)

--Eric
--
"Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value."
--Murphy's Constant