[PythonCAD] Post twenth-third release notes

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Fri Mar 18 19:29:44 CET 2005

Hi.

The latest official release is out, and so once again the time has come
to figure out what to work on for the next release. There are fewer
changes in the last release than I would have preferred, but fixing the
dimension un-deletion problem was stomping a bug that I am glad to see
gone, and the addition of exec and eval() enhancements are also nice
features. The deprecation of gtk.TRUE and gtk.FALSE in the 2.6 PyGTK
releases, though, spurred me to make the release now as this version of
PyGTK is in Debian unstable and most likely will be in Fedora Core 4,
plus anyone that builds PyGTK from source could be using this release.
Running PythonCAD and seeing all the deprecation warning messages would
get annoying.

My initial plans are to continue working on enhancing the scripting
abilities in the program, as well as providing some notes and examples
about what can be done currently. More interface work is also planned.

Art