[PythonCAD] More info on super() and UnboundMethod changes

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Thu Jan 13 02:04:34 CET 2005

Hi.

I'd mentioned in my previous mail regarding changes in the code to make
use of super() and the replacement of UnboundMethods in the connect()
calls, but I didn't include some of the links to the Python developer
mails that made me want to investigate making these changes. The link
below started things off where Guido posted a message with the subject
"Let's get rid of unbound methods":

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-January/050625.html

This thread went on a good while and then the topic of the super() call
came up in a thread begun again by Guido called "super() harmful?":

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2005-January/050656.html

This subthread then spawned a great deal of mail.

For those of you interested, the link below takes you to the main
developer's mailing list. This link is also given on the Python website:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/

Art