[PythonCAD] New patches to PythonCAD . . . .

Wilbert Knol w.knol at niwa.co.nz
Mon Dec 12 21:33:02 CET 2005

On Saturday 10 December 2005 08:09, Stuart Brorson wrote:

> I have modified only the "modify -> move -> move horizontal" action
> to work in my preferred way.
<snip>
> Note that I had to make one architectural change to make "select
> first, then act" work for text objects:
<snip>
> Please find my patches attached here.

The patch applied perfectly against the already patched 27th release.
I had a play with it, and it works well. A couple of comments:

1. The 'classic PythonCAD way' (similar to AutoCAD if I remember)
involves one less menu pull-down operation: the 'select' mode is
entered into automatically (once the move distance has been defined).

This could be achieved with Stuart's method if PythonCAD defaulted to
'select' mode if idle: draw a box around objects, then go to
MOVE->MODIFY->HORIZONTAL.

Admittedly, the classic way is less inuitive to people used to drag &
drop GUIs, and consistency in select, operation or operation, select
is a good point.

2. I am wondering whether the architectural change mentioned above has
missed something out. When I move a circle with a radial dimension in
it, one side of the dim. line gets left behind.

Wilbert.