[PythonCAD] postscript

Art Haas ahaas at airmail.net
Mon Jul 12 18:10:33 CEST 2004

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 10:42:01AM -0500, Eric Wilhelm wrote:
> # The following was supposedly scribed by
> # Art Haas
> # on Monday 12 July 2004 09:47 am:
>
> >I have written some beginning
> >PostScript output code though, and can print segments, circles, and
> >arcs, leaders, and polylines. These are all simple to print using
> >PostScript's lineto, moveto, and arc commands.
>
> Isn't there a python module for this?  I've been using Postscript::Simple in
> my perl modules.

I am unware of any Python modules for writing PostScript.

> Also, it seems that I haven't sold you on the converter/hub/export idea yet.
> (otherwise, you wouldn't be writing postscript code.)

I'd like PythonCAD to create a printable document without relying on any
modules or packages outside of the PythonCAD code. Having said that, I
suspect that Ghostscript will come into play for people trying to print
on non-Postscript printers.

Additionally, I want to learn more about PostScript, so writing code in
PythonCAD that generates PostScript output looks to be a good learning
experience.