[python-win32] Package giving Error while deploying to windows container

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 18 20:10:18 EDT 2022

On Wed, 18 May 2022 20:11:29 +0530, Ankit Sharma
<sharmaji.ankit777 at gmail.com> declaimed the following:

>This is the log that we can not rectify even after updating our python
>version and changing container from Linux based environment to Windows
>Based environment.

	I have no idea of how this "container" operates. Can you produce a
stand-alone console test case to run in this "container" rather than all
the overhead of django? In fact, you are losing much of the real error
traceback as it appears django is only showing the last call, and then
dumps a second traceback because your framework errored.

	Until the test case runs in a console I'd avoid any web-based
operations. Actually -- I'd avoid even the "container" system until the
test case runs on a local desktop machine.

	Does your "container" have a licensed copy of Excel?

>Can you please help us out in figuring this issue out! or can help us in
>suggesting if we can deploy this package in a Linux container. Anything
>works.

	To my knowledge pywin32 is a Windows Only library -- it might run under
WINE on a Linux system. Oh... And Excel is also not a Linux application to
my knowledge -- there may be a MacOS version available.

	I suspect you will need to find/use one of the Excel reader/writer
packages that DOES NOT REQUIRE Excel to be present, only an .xls/.xlsx file
(OpenPyXL ?). You will likely also need a package that can produce reports
probably to PDF or HTML Reportlab appears to only generate PDF output --
okay for export/download, but not for inline display on a web page (of
course, if you are using django, you should have a templating engine and
should be able to code the web display report using it).

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/