[python-win32] WM_MOUSEWHEEL It only works in one window.

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Wed Feb 16 12:35:22 EST 2022

nakarin samon wrote:

 > Is there any python that works like pywin32 SendMessage PostMessage.
doesn't move the mouse?

There are a couple of problems here. SendMessage and PostMessage are not
Python things.  Those are fundamental Win32 APIs.  pywin32 just gives
you access to them. Second, those routines do not, of course, move the
mouse.

 > I want to move the mouse scroll or click the mouse without moving the
mouse, I have used WM_MOUSEWHEEL. but not successful. It only works in
one window. Will there
 > be another one or it only works on the left side of the screen I
tried moving the window to another section but it didn't work when I
moved it back to the same place
 > in the top left it works.

I can't tell what you're asking or what you're expecting, and your video
no longer works.  Mouse messages are delivered to the window with
focus.  Background windows do not get them unless they have captured the
mouse.

So, please tells us what you are trying to achieve (not how you are
trying to do it), and perhaps someone can advise you.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com