[python-win32] Bug When Reading In PSTs

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Feb 18 14:54:19 EST 2021

Nick Orr wrote:

> This seems to be the consensus from two others that I've heard back
> from. Unfortunately this is an issue for me (it's always that one same
> meta tag: <meta http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
> charset=utf-8"> ) as it's being requested by the project to have the
> contents be identical to the email in Outlook. I just don't see any
> possible way to achieve this given that it's stripped and inferring it
> risks inaccuracy.

Do you know whether the message actually contained that line to begin
with?  If this happens with messages you send, try sending one to a
Linux mailbox somewhere, and take a look at the raw text.  It's also not
impossible that Outlook adds line for export, but that it's not actually
present in the message text.

Outlook takes liberties with message content that it probably shouldn't.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com