[python-win32] Opening existing memory mapped files with pywin32

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Tue Feb 16 19:57:50 EST 2021

Eryk Sun wrote:

> I'm sorry to say that the only reliable solution is to directly call
> WinAPI OpenFileMappingW() and MapViewOfFile() using a foreign-function
> interface (FFI) package such as ctypes or CFFI. I can write up an
> example if you need help.

Respectfully, I think you have misread the original message.  He is a
relative beginner, just trying to do a simple file mapping. Based on his
description, mmap should be able to do what he needs.

I'm willing to be proven wrong, but I'm afraid you may be sending him on
an unnecessary wild goose chase.

Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com