[python-win32] Use TPM from Crypto API

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sun Nov 22 14:14:29 EST 2020

On Nov 22, 2020, at 4:16 AM, Antoine FERRON via python-win32 <python-win32 at python.org> wrote:

> Can you confirm that TPM "Microsoft Platform Crypto Provider" requires "CNG", and pywin32 is only "CAPI" capable ?

This is not a Python question at all.  Look at the MSDN documentation page for the CryptEnumProviders API.  You’ll see that it is deprecated, and only accesses the base cryptographic provider and the enhanced cryptographic provider.  Remember that pywin32 is, in almost every case, a relatively thin wrapper around the Windows APIs.

> Anyway, do you have some ideas in mind to reach my goal ?

The APIs from ncrypt.dll are not, as of yet, exposed in pywin32.  You can certainly use ctypes to access them.
—
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com