[python-win32] ModuleNotFoundError: no module called encodings

Haleigh Japp sensfan24 at hotmail.com
Sat May 16 18:32:22 EDT 2020

Hello,

I have Python 3.7.5 and it has worked fine for me until recently. Every time I try to run it I get this fatal Python error saying it can’t find the encodings module. I have uninstalled and re-installed it multiple times, but the same error keeps happening. I searched this issue on Google and couldn’t find a solution. I e-mailed Python Help and was able to get some things working by taking the Python 3.7.5 path off the PYTHONHOME variable. Unfortunately that method  only works to an extent, and there are some packages I’m trying to install where it only works with Python running normally. But when it’s on the path, it doesn’t work at all. I’m completely stumped here and any help to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated!