[python-win32] Do we need dotnet 3.5?

Vernon D. Cole vernondcole at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 14:28:37 EDT 2019

I am trying to build a build machine (actually a script to build build
machines) capable of creating a pywin32 distribution. (I need to test the
distribution I am trying to fix.)

Somewhere in there it seems that I need to have .net3.5 installed. I have
been struggling with this all morning, and have come to the conclusion that
I cannot install it on a Windows server operating system without having the
distribution media mounted on a CD drive.

That seems like a bad idea.

Is the package actually needed for some reason?
--
Vernon Cole