[python-win32] DoAction problem

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Sun Jul 28 02:12:16 EDT 2019

On Jul 26, 2019, at 8:05 AM, Sylvain.Fejoz at ville-ge.ch wrote:

> My photoshop action is doing :
> - Open
> - Smart sharpen
> - Convert to Profile current document
> - Save
> - Close
>
> If Pillow is also able of "smart sharpening" and "converting to Profile current document", your suggestion is very promising.

Did you even look?  Pillow includes both a tunable “sharpen” filter and an “unsharp mask” filter, as will every competent graphics library.

The color profile conversion isn’t really necessary.  My guess is you’re not really sure what it does anyway.

> Is there any place on the Web where I can find reference to psApp tasks like "DoAction", "Export", the parameters they need, etc.? It seems that it is not so easy. Well, this is maybe again a very naive question.

Those are Photoshop questions.  Adobe has documentation on the Photoshop APIs, and they have their own user forums.
—
Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com