[python-win32] Quest for memory scanner

Michael C mysecretrobotfactory at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 17:16:01 EDT 2017

Oh I forgot to mention what sort of advise/help I am looking for.

First, my target value to scan for is the amount gold/money in Fallout 2.
Ok, the first_scan
function caught plenty of the right values, but once I run second_scan to
compare the addresses
of those correct values, none of the addresses survived even one pass.

I think this could be a reason:
1) somehow when I ran VirtualQueryEx, not all qualifying region were
returned. I can prove
that my code has this problem:  I run Calculator from Window Accessory and
then type 400,
and '='      My code actually returns *zero* regions to be scanned. So I am
definitely not getting
all of them with my fallout 2, and *ANY* with the calculator.

P.S.
Tim, I tried to use
    buffer = ctypes.c_buffer

 to create my buffer, and it hasn't returned a problem. but I don't know
what the difference
is, perhaps you could point me to something? Thanks