[python-win32] sys.path for windows multiple pythons

David Rock david at graniteweb.com
Wed Mar 22 11:14:15 EDT 2017

> On Mar 22, 2017, at 09:48, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:
>
> do I get extra stuff from c:\Python27 because those folders are in my execution PATH variable;

Yes; that’s how Windows works.

> seems a bit dodgy to have those folders ending up in a python 3.6 environment.

Python isn’t going to replace your path, it’s going to append to it.  If you have the python27 stuff in your path, python36 has no way of knowing the path info is “dodgy.” As far as it knows, that’s completely acceptable information.

Is it actually causing an issue, or does it just look odd?

—
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com