[python-win32] AMD64 build 220 for python 3.6 - installer looking for registry entry 3.6-32 which is probably incorrect for the x64 installer

pywin32 at derketo.com pywin32 at derketo.com
Mon Feb 13 10:35:56 EST 2017

Vielen dank Waldemar.

I echo your sentiments about Christoph's wonderful site - it has been a
life saver for me on several occasions, and I had not thought to look
there yet.

I have also poked around a bit between conf calls this morning and have
just discovered that I had a pythonpath problem in terms of loading it
at all, so I can now load it and the sqlsever module I am using seems
happy with it - no weird crashes as yet from architectural
incompatibilities.

It is slightly premature in terms of testing but at first blush I think
that the problem may therefore be that the sourceforge x64 installer has
x64 code in it but is just looking for the wrong registry entry. Lack of
ability to put the path in yourself once it has failed to find it in the
registry exacerbates the problem.

I ran it elevated and even though it reported success it did not put the
toolkit onto my pythonnpath so there may also be another loose end
there. I will try your suggestion about explicitly running the post
install script, Waldemar, but it is also very possible this is normally
an exercise for the reader anyway.

Thanks again.

regards
Rick