[python-win32] Can't access all the buttons available in a GUI Program

Caleb Hulbert cmhulbert at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 01:21:37 EDT 2017

Hello all,

I am attempting to automate a client program that I have, and have been
using win32gui to access the windows and children. I have been fairly
successful, and can automate quite a bit by sending text or click to the
children with SendMessage or PostMessage. I am stuck with certain controls
though, as I know they exist on the gui, and I can see and interact with
them, however, they are nowhere to be seen in any children, and further
SendMessage does not interact with them, even if I specific the correct
point in the window. Further, the Inspect tool does not recognize them at
all. I believe they are ActiveX controls, though I'm not 100% positive
(does anyone know a way to check?).

Any help would be amazing!
Best,
Caleb