[python-win32] How can I restrict users from changing ACE?

Francoi Xavier francoi.xa1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 07:36:26 EDT 2016

I've just started learning about windows ACL and file permissions. The task
here is to make a file/folder read-only and should get deleted/modified
only through our client software. I've denied Write, Delete and other
permissions for the Lookup Name Everyone which *generally* restricted users
from changing the files/folders.

But the current user who also happens to be the creator/owner of the
file/folder can delete the ACE which has been added and he can gain
complete access rights. Is there a way to restrict this behaviour so that
users cannot change the file access permissions?

Thanks,
Francoi