[python-win32] Problem registering COM server at installation time

Malte Forkel malte.forkel at berlin.de
Wed Mar 9 12:31:28 EST 2016

According to eryk, it might help to "create a context at runtime from
the manifest that's
embedded in python27.dll". How would I do that? It sounds to me like it
requires Windows programming skills (which unfortunately I don't have).

Does "later MSVC versions no longer have this stupid requirement" mean
that I shouldn't have a problem creating the COM server at installation
time if a moved to Python 3.x?

Malte