[python-win32] [ANN] pywin32 build 220 released.

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Jan 11 18:41:30 EST 2016

Hi all,
   I'm happy to announce the release of pywin32 build 220.  This release
has addressed a number of bugs with previous builds (most notably
failure to install in Python 3.5) and has added a few new features -
I've appended the change log at the end of this mail.

Downloads are available at:

   https://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32/Build%20220/

For initial support (eg, to ask questions about the release etc), please
contact this mailing-list (python-win32 at python.org).  If you want to
report a bug, please do so at https://sf.net/projects/pywin32.

As always, thanks to everyone who contributed to this release, both in
terms of code and reporting bugs to the tracker.  As usual, Roger Upole
contributed a huge number of fixes and enhancements for this release -
thanks!

(Regarding SourceForge - I'm hoping to start a discussion soon about
moving away from their platform due to some high-profile issues with
their site. Given Python itself is moving to github in the future, it
may make sense to move pywin32 there too. But in the interests of
getting a build out that works with Python 3.5, I decided to stick with
SourceForge for now. If your browser or adblocker reports the site as
malicious, then you probably need to add an exception)

Cheers,

Mark

Changes:

Since build 219:
----------------
* win32com - sys.argv[0] may be set to a bytes object instead of a
   string on Python 3 when implementing an in-process COM object.

* Fix that allows a property to be fetched on COM objects to work in
   more cases (Fredrik Orderud via patch #155)

* Disabled exchange and exchdapi modules on Python 2.5 due to unresolved
   build issues.

* Fix potential crash in SHGetIDListFromObject and SHGetFileInfo issues
   (rupole)

* Allow GetShortPathName to handle long paths in unicode mode (ruple)

* Fix intermittent crash in win32cred.CredRead() (bug #670, rupole)

* Support PT_MV_BINARY MAPI properties, (patch #37) and many other MAPI
   improvements (Nick Czeczulin)

* Fix username used with EvtOpenSession (bug #688, rupole)

* Fix OutputDebugString encoding in wide builds (patch #142, rupole)