[python-win32] program with embedded python fails to start witn python 2.7.11 amd64

Simon Callan simon.callan at infoshare-is.com
Mon Feb 22 05:23:52 EST 2016

Hi,

I have a windows program that has python embedded in for scripting programs.

If I install Python 2.7.10 64 bit (python-2.7.10.amd64.msi), and run the program, it works fine.

If I install Python 2.7.11 64bit (python-2.7.11.amd64.msi), and run the program, fails with the error "missing module site". However, if I run the program from a batch file, and add "set PYTHONPATH=C:\python27\lib", the program starts up and runs normally.

The only difference is the version of python installed, and we are running on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard, SP1 with 3GB RAM, and a quad core processor.

Is it possible that the python 2.7.11 install is not setting a required registry entry, or that my program is doing something wrong?

Simon

Infoshare is registered in England and Wales.

Registered Office: Infoshare Ltd, Millennium House, 21 Eden Street, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1BL | Registered Number: 2877612 | VAT Number: GB 678 1443 10

The content of this e-mail (and any attachment to it) is confidential. Any views or opinions do not represent the views or opinions of Infoshare Ltd. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and delete it. You may not use, copy or disclose the information in any way. Infoshare Ltd monitors incoming and outgoing e-mails.

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this email?