[python-win32] getting Windows key codes

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Mon Mar 30 22:40:13 CEST 2015

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1M-TzfRaSaAhFXQk1OmcmHNOaW31_7W_7q0bf8CAJqSw/edit
Set with some help for a friend of mine, I was able to implement the
system illustrated above. As a result I can mostly successfully use
speech recognition on Windows to dictate text into a variety of Linux
applications. I discover some problems which make me think that the
right solution is to capture windows events/key codes and translate them
into the lyrics equivalents. This way I think I can handle many of the
special function keys more easily.

My question is two parts, first is how do I get access to these key
codes (equivalent to what's in the Python uinput module). And what kind
of framework does Windows demand (text window etc.) in order to be able
to expose these key codes.

I thought this should be a question Google can answer but I haven't
found the right question.

Thanks for any help or pointers
--- eric