[python-win32] Transfer Access 2010 query results to python script for ArcGIS geoprocessing actions

Access Newbie accessnewbie at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 17:53:08 CEST 2015

Is it possible to transfer the results of an Access 2010 query (accdb
extension) to a python script with the click of a button? Information will
be used as variables within the script.

Prefer to click button from Access data entry form to execute script but it
can be from another GUI if necessary.

Data getting transferred (anywhere from 20-50 fields) will be contact
information, shapefile name and directory location, and arcpy parameters
such as buffer distances for various geoprocessing applications. Script can
be run from the command line and does not require ArcMap to be open to run.

I am not sure where to begin and am not really a programmer so the really
complicated stuff will probably confuse me unless explained in easy to
understand language.

Thank you for any and all guidance