[python-win32] pythoncom error -2147180508. What is it?

Joss Gray joss.gray at d3technologies.com
Tue Apr 1 12:52:18 CEST 2014

I'm using the awesome wmi package in my application which I understand uses
pythoncom.

I'm using wmi to perform operations like setting the IP of a network
adapter, reading various bits of system information.

I'm finding that once in a while calls start failing with an
error -2147180508 ( 0x8004A024 ). I can't find any reference to this error
anywhere in the COM Error Codes documentation here
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd542642(v=vs.85).aspx

Has anyone observed anything similar?

*Joss Gray*
d3 Operator/Technician
*d3 Technologies.*
 T. +44 20 7234 9840
M. +44 7969 542 844
d3technologies.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The contents of this e-mail are confidential to the ordinary user of the
e-mail address
to which it was addressed, and may also be privileged. If you are not the
addressee
of this e-mail you may not copy, forward, disclose or otherwise use it or
any part of
it in any form whatsoever.

If you have received this e-mail in error, please e-mail the sender by
replying to this
message. It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other
checks to
ensure that this message and any attachments do not affect your systems /
data.

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are solely those of the
author and
do not necessarily represent those of d3 Technologies unless specifically
stated,
nor does this message form any part of any contract unless so stated.