[python-win32] Logging Under Windows

Stanley Brinkerhoff stan at vtwireless.com
Thu Nov 14 17:06:52 CET 2013

I have a rough service application template [1] that I am using for
multiple projects.  These projects all log to a directory using a date
based logger that is running in a dedicated thread with a queue.  This
allows multithreaded services to properly log and not retain multiple file
handles to the log file.

Every couple days the log rollover fails.  When the logging fails the
current log file is no longer present, and no future log messages are
retained.

Is anyone using the date based logger with Python services in a model
similar to this, or has figured out how to get around this issue?

1: https://github.com/sbrinkerhoff/pywinservicetemplate

Stan