[python-win32] pywin32 service startup error (sys.winver issue?)

Jean Rousseau jean.marc.dev at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 20:55:25 CET 2013

Tim,

OK, so I restored the server VM from backup, ran the existing service
(which worked fine) and then copied across and installed my new service .py
files and installed. ALL of this still working on Python 3.2.3 and
pywin-217. I ran pythonservice with the debug switch on, and now I think
we're much closer to the root cause (the Python 3.3.0 upgrade etc was a red
herring).

Here's the error I now get:
E r r o r   0 x C 0 0 0 0 0 F 4   -   C o u l d   n o t   f i n d   t h e
s e
r v i c e ' s   P y t h o n C l a s s   e n t r y   i n   t h e   r e g i s
t r
E r r o r   1 8 1 4   -   T h e   s p e c i f i e d   r e s o u r c e   n a
m e
  c a n n o t   b e   f o u n d   i n   t h e   i m a g e   f i l e .
E r r o r   0 x C 0 0 0 0 0 8 0   -   C o u l d   n o t   l o c a t e   t h
m o d u l e   n a m e   i n   t h e   P y t h o n   c l a s s   s t r i n g
  (
i e ,   n o   ' . ' )

Well, I checked the registry and the entry for the service is there, along
with all the meta-data that it apparently requires (ie. PythonClass IS
there with it's full path and (.) dot etc). This makes no sense to me...

Any thoughts?

JM