[python-win32] WMPlayer.OCX COM object: player window is not opened

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 02:13:55 CEST 2013

On 28/07/2013 7:23 PM, lambda wrote:
> I'm trying to instantiate and use a Windows Media Player COM object. I can do
> that and all seems fine, but the player window is not opened.
>
> Here's my code:

The code didn't come through, but can be seen on nabble.

Unfortunately, you are dealing with an OCX, so you need to host it in an
OCS container to see any such UI.  Pythonwin has support for this
meaning you could have Pythonwin show the UI (see the
pythonwin/pywin/demos directory) but it's extremely difficult to have
that work via vanilla python.

Mark