[python-win32] Getting Error "Pure Virtual Function Call R6025" Error

vamsi krishna knowledgealerts at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 06:14:19 CEST 2012

Hi,

Running on Windows 2003 Server X64,Python 2.5 (32-bit)

 I am having problems using win32com.client with the HP QTP COM
libraries. I'm trying to launch QTP from python by following code:

import  win32com.client

qtp = win32com.client.Dispatch("QuickTest.Application")
# starts up QTP
qtp.Launch()
qtp.Visible = False
time.sleep(30)
qtp.quit()

At first it starts working without any glitches. but currently it is
always raising windows c++ error saying "pure virtual function call
R6025".

Please provide information on how to tackle this issue.

Regards,
Vamsi.