[python-win32] Passing an object to a process

Tony Cappellini cappy2112 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 19:53:55 CET 2012

On Windows XP - I've got a program running which has spawned a process
using os.spawnv().

My program has a logger object instantiated that I want to pass to the
process that was spawned.
I need to log errors seen by the process, to the same logfile that the
program uses for logging.

I have the handle, thread ID, and process id of the process, but I see no
way to share the logger object using these values.

How can I pass a logger instance to the process, from the program which
spawned the process?

For legacy compatibility reasons, I'm stuck with an older version of Python
that doesn't have the subprocess module and other features that are
available with more modern releases of Python.